Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Transcript from a Garden to Window Conversation between Lenore Beadsman and Rick Vigorous

From the recently recovered desk of Rick Vigorous:

----------
LENORE: You could have called instead -
RICK: I feel that the revelation of my pensees deserved a greater demonstration of -
LENORE: And you can stop throwing those rocks now. The last one hurt.
RICK: Sorry. I've just been...
LENORE: ...
RICK: ...
LENORE: Are you not going to finish that?
RICK: I think the ellipsis speaks louder than...
LENORE: You're doing it again.
RICK: Yes. Yes I am...
LENORE: Look, do you want to come inside instead of shouting?
RICK: I must confess that I prefer this scene. It adds a certain cachet to our reconciliation - don't you think?
LENORE: I don't know what that means. I don't really understand why you disappeared.
RICK: I'm afraid that I'm in love with you, Lenore.
LENORE: ...
RICK: It's tormenting me - tormenting me to the point where I begin to just write things without screening them.
LENORE: So the words impose their own form of -
RICK: No. I don't want to scare you with words that assert their own existence -
LENORE: Those words scared me. Why do you think you don't deserve me? I like being around you but -
RICK: I don't want you around me... or with me... I want you to be mine.
LENORE: It's that particular distinction that worries me.
VLAD: I do like Rick, Mindy, but sometimes I'm afraid he's going to show up outside my window, climb the walls, and slash me to ribbons!
LENORE: Sorry, my parrot has been talking a lot lately... sometimes he -
RICK: I forgot my knife at home.
LENORE:...
RICK: Not funny. You're right.
VLAD: How am I supposed to tell him about my family? About how completely warped everyone is? About how my father is testing advanced hormones on my parrot and is probably spying on Rick all the time - how my last boyfriend disappeared suddenly and still hasn't surfaced?
LENORE: Well I guess that's one way of finding out.
VLAD: Not to mention the fact that my father often playfully asks "have you heard from Dean lately?" - all but confessing that he made Dean disappear.
RICK: Goodnight, Lenore. See you in the office.
LENORE: Rick?
-----------