Sunday, August 2, 2009

Transcript from a Session between Dr. Jay and Rick Vigorous

--------
JAY: Why don't you begin where we left off last time?
RICK: The last time you and I met for one of our sessions or the last time you unethically told me exactly how to exploit Lenore's psychic vulnerabilities after accepting a rather outrageous fee?
JAY: The last time we talked about you, Rick and my fee is quite reasonable.
RICK: Well, I don't feel good.
JAY: That's great. Let's start there.
RICK: It's not great.
JAY: I mean it's great that you're able to be honest about how awful you feel.
RICK: It's not very difficult to complain. People do it all the time - probably more than they do most other things.
JAY: An incisive observation. Are we on our way to a breakthrough? Should I get out the gas mask? It might become too difficult to breathe if the scent of breakthrough gets to be too -
RICK: Shut up.
JAY:...
RICK: I don't feel good.
JAY: Did you have another dream?
RICK: Yes. This one featured a new player though and I wasn't in it at all.
JAY: That's already very different from the usual one in which your penis suddenly transforms into various floppy pastas as you fail to satisfy Lenore who eventually falls to devouring your member with a finely ground bolognese - the carnal symbolism of which is quite -
RICK: I dreamt about Lenore having fantastic, amazing, God-affirming sex with Rex Young...
JAY: Who's -
RICK: On top of a 1981 DeLorean...
JAY: Yes, of course a DeLorean, but who is this man - what does he look like?
RICK: I have no idea what he looks like, but I knew in my dream that it was Rex Young.
JAY: What did he look like in your dream?
RICK: Young, hale, and...
JAY: Continue - everything you say is confidential.
RICK: Do you say that to Lenore as well?
JAY: Yes, but rest assured that no one is paying me a reasonable fee to divulge your psychic weaknesses.
RICK: Probably because I make them abundantly clear on my own...
JAY: Please continue your description of this "Rex Young".
RICK: He was young, hale, corded with immaculate tethers of muscle, sweating tastily - tastefully - and...
JAY: Yes. You clearly have some strange unfounded homoerotic fixation that you've tied to Rex -
RICK: And he was wearing a space helmet.
JAY: I'm sorry?
RICK: A space helmet. He was completely naked and gorgeous - Michaelangelesque - except for the space helmet.
JAY: And what about Lenore?
RICK: She looked just like Lenore, but she was wearing an oversized chef's hat which kept falling over her eyes as they made love.
JAY: Stunning.
RICK: What? What does it mean?
JAY: I'm merely remarking on how impressive the image you've painted here is.
RICK: What does it mean?
JAY: That, at least on some level, you'd like Lenore to be sexually satisfied - even if it's not by you - you're sort of an altruist.
RICK: No I'm not. We both know that. I'd keep Lenore handcuffed to me at all times if I could.
JAY: Oh yes. That's right.
RICK: So what does it mean? You didn't even say anything about the space helmet and chef's hat.
JAY: I'll have to get back to you on all of this. I'm beginning to feel numb from the force of the impending breakthrough.
RICK: Jesus.
JAY: What do you intend to do in the mean time about Rex Young?
RICK: I'm going to hire him immediately.
JAY: ...
------